Pike Tuition Day
NEW FOR 2019 PIKE TUITION DAY
New for the 2019 season.
Fishery Management UK (Ltd) is excited to offer new ‘Pike Tuition Days’ these two dates held at our popular Eyebrook venue. Are aimed at the experienced trout angler who is looking to try their hand at landing a toothier predator.
Sunday 23rd June – FULL
Saturday 5th October – FULL
The popularity of Pike fly fishing in the UK is growing and Eyebrook is one of the best places to learn the art of tempting these prehistoric fish on the fly. With the lake’s natural population of coarse fish in abundance and the trout for the Pike to fed on they thrive in this aquatically rich lake. This is evident with the lake record caught in the closing stages of the 2018 season, a magnificent 39lb hen fish.
The layout for the day will follow a similar format to the ‘beginners boat tuition day’ and will be the same great value price of £99. With the day being ran by Eyebrook’s resident Pike guide Jobe Burnham and Guiding & Tuition Manager Tom Bird
The day will start with some classroom work where the tuition team will talk the participant through: –
· The quarry looking at their life cycle and feeding habits
· The tackle- Why we use the rod, reels, lines; The leader set up including tying up traces to use, the kit used in a boat once a pike has been landed, then the flies looking at different patterns and when we would use them.
· The safe handling of pike- including netting, unhooking, weighting and reviving the fish.
· After this we will look at the casting technique needed to cast such a big fly.
· Break for lunch.
· Then out on the boats, where we will show the hotspots, how to position the boat, retrieve and hopefully playing and landing our fish PIKE ON THE FLY.
During the day all participants will be using the latest in Pike Fly Fishing equipment from VISION, RIO & SAGE.
To book a space on the day please click here.